Thursday, April 14, 2011

'This is the Life' by Amy Macdonald

Hi there! Forgive me, it seems that nearly all my posts start with some arbitrary greeting, such as this one. I mean, my friends' blog posts seldom feature any, especially the emotional ones or those (attempting to be) inspirational. It's not like it's a necessity, right? Hypothetically, you could just jump right in and start the day's rambling nonsense. But somehow I always happen to find it necessary to open said rambling nonsense with another, smaller nonsensical item of writing. Which does not make a lot of sense, but there you go. Having said that, here I go.

A (sort of) funny thing I noticed.... um, no, on second thought, never mind that, I jumped to a conclusion.

....Which reminds me of The Phantom Tollbooth, which is one of my favorite books. I have mentioned this before, haven't I? But since I'm not here to write a review, let's continue.

Where is here, anyway? I'm currently sitting in a fast-food outlet located at a certain crossroad not too far from where I am currently residing. I was here originally to do a certain assignment, but since we - that is to say, my friend and I - lack the information necessary, that highly commendable goal remains just a goal, and as I happen to have some other assignments that I really have to do, it naturally means that I simply must find a distraction to keep me from doing those, so here I am now. In short, I might very well be the world's worst - or best? - procrastinator.

I'm pretty sure there's a Family Guy episode which mocks writers writing in public places, but what the hey. If I went home right now, I would've played Dragon Age: Origins instead of doing those assignments anyway, so no (additional) harm done.

But I am out of ideas, so apparently I'm going home after all.

Hello, Thedas.

No comments: