Thursday, September 14, 2017

After Malachi

Hello.

As you might notice, it has been quite a while since I last wrote something in here. The previous log was from the very last day of 2015, which makes it nearly two years (two years!) without anything published.

It is sad. And the past two years or so have been, in many ways, sad for me. In fact, I want to say "depressing," but since I haven't taken myself to a professional, I feel it would be inappropriate for me to say. I'll just say "paralysing," since it is definitely true, practically if not literally.

Looking back, I feel, right now, that my past posts do not satisfy the present me. I suppose that's a good sign? That I've improved, or at least undergone some change, since then? A lot of the stuff I wrote back then now seems embarrassingly half- or even barely-baked.

Which could have been okay, you know! If I had posted more addenda and/or refutations to those part-ideas. Or at least if I had written more frequently, with more visible updates to my state of mind. That way those ideas would have been more processed and polished and not so gorram raw.

And that's what I'm planning to do. I'm planning to, as people usually tell themselves on January 1st, "write more." Only this time, I'm going to make a promise, with all the risk it carries. I'm promising you (yes, you) I will post here at the very least once a week. You (yes, again, you) are welcome to remind me of the promise, of course! In fact, I hope you do, just so I know you're there. . . .



Right! That's one post done! I promised myself no video game until I've done at least one, so now, let's be having a go at that new Tooth and Tail!

No comments: