Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Progress Report (Tee hee hee).

So! I've passed 37 days out of the 365 available to every one of us this year. I'd like to take this opportunity to check on the progress of my New Year's Resolution. Here goes. Hope it's good news!


1. Get good with the piano. Progress: nearly nothing. I haven't practiced in quite a while. It's... sad, really. I like playing the piano. Why the heck don't I just do it?

2. Write. Progress: some progress. Written some stuff down. Mostly on Twitter, yes, but still, some of them made it to the Notepad document titled 'Ideas,' so, not too bad. But nowhere near the song or the published piece that I wanted, though.

3. Exercise. Progress: no. The most exercise I have gotten this year is walking from my bedroom to campus. It's bad, you know, because... I think it should be the daily minimum, right? Alright. It's good to know that, now we know that there should be a minimum, should be easier to measure.

4. Beg for forgiveness. Progress: also no. No further comment.


Wow. That's... not so great. It's not as well as I had hoped. Let's not mince words, it's bad. It's taken 10% of the available time, and the progress is nearly zero. At this rate, I'll only have done all these things by 2025 or so.

But still, resolutions should be resolute, as I've said before. Persistent. Tenacious. Are those the right synonyms? Never mind. The point is, this is still going.

Fuck yeah.

No comments: