Saturday, February 7, 2009

'Patience' by Guns N Roses

Hey.
I am confused.

I used to think I
have told you of my feelings.
Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe you won't read this at all.
And even if you do, you might not know that it is you I'm writing about.
But I'm gonna write this anyway.

Remember when I went to your house? With her?
(Hmm. Despite what I said above, I think you (and you) should have realized by now.)
I was very happy.
Although we did nearly nothing.
Just talked. Watched some TV.
Tried to watch that DVD. That abysmal-quality DVD, I suppose.
Ha ha.
But I had fun. Talking to you. Finding out where your house is.
Heh heh.
Really, I had fun.

Some weeks later we met again. At her birthday party.
(Right, you two should really realize it now.)
There I barely spoke with you.
Dunno.
But I remember when the talk began to be about relationships.
(Boyfriend, girlfriend. You know.)
I remember you said this.
"Wow, when am I going to have a boyfriend? Going to an all-girls school. Maybe in college."
When I heard that,
I looked at your face.
Was it real? Was that look you gave me real?
How I wish it was!
Did I have a chance? Was it just a desperate imagination?

I don't know about this.
We scarcely ever meet. Even on the net.
What keeps me thinking about you? What is this attachment I feel?
I don't understand this. I'm scared.

Maybe you think I'm not brave enough.
You're right. I'm not.
I'm not brave enough to ask you out.
I'm not brave enough to face a new kind of relationship.
I'm just a kid. That's it. I'm not grown up yet.
I've been telling myself
"Oh, we're both busy; what with the exams coming up and trying to get into college.
"Not now. Not yet."
Maybe it's right. Maybe not.
Maybe it's just my cowardice speaking.
Maybe after all this hassle about education, I will still find excuses.
But maybe not.
No matter. It'll work out either way.

For the time being,
I hope you can forgive me for this.

Just you wait, Love.

1 comment:

Ardhn Mohammed said...

Haha..hey man...what a beautiful post..good luck for you anyway